The RUS sleeper layer is a highly dedicated tool to grab and position sleepers at a specified range according to the requirements and easily adjusted. The sleepers are clamped together at their center or at the ends at the same time by hydraulic grippers and then laid into the ballast bed. This saves time compared to placing the sleepers individually. Nearly all types of waisted sleepers can be clamped securely, even at pressure drops thanks to a special integrated holding valve. The traverse arms are made of highly robust HARDOX quality steel.
The sleeper layer is ideally used in combination with a NOX-Tiltrotator to be able to fully exploit the flexibility of the tool.
- Low weight.
- Efficiency: 3-6 sleepers are clamped together at the same time by hydraulic grippers and then layed into the ballast bed. This saves time compared to placing sleepers individually.
- Safety: a special holding valve provides a safe grip – even if pressure drops.
- Variable gripping range: the position of the traversing arms can vary within the specified range.
- Longevity: traversing arms are made of HARDOX quality steel.
- Flexibility: suitable for nearly all types of waisted sleepers.
- For narrow areas close to sidetracks and foundations, as the layer grabs the sleepers in the center.
- Optional: Extension for positioning sleepers beneath existing rails.